The gift that keeps on giving

I'm so pleased with this thing I made at Christmas. Not so much because it's a great piece of art. But because it's the first time I've successfully pulled of a replicated sculpture. I made a good mold of the original, and I've been making copies as the need arises. I must have made at least a dozen of them now. I've been giving them out to those who have captured my heart or imagination. My pastor, our church's Benevolence Ministry coordinator, my nanny's family, a teenager I've never met but know from an internet forum; who I wanted to encourage to follow her artistic and spiritual calling. It is so great to be able to do this. I think I'll make it a yearly tradition to make a small sculpture that I can reproduce and give out as God guides my heart. I can hopefully sell some as well. (I've already got two sales on this one.)

The one pictured is not my favorite paint job. Most of them I make either silver and red, or ivory and red.

I'm still working on the other part to this piece. It's a 3-foot tall cross with the words FIERCE LOVE emblazoned on it. The Lionheart will be the centerpiece to it. It has turned into quite a huge and elaborate project. (As they ALL do!) So I'm not sure when I'll get it done.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Beautiful! Will you be selling those in Toranto anytime soon?

Popular posts from this blog

Epic Weekend

Coming of Age Ceremony

Book Musings: The Righteous Mind - Why Good People Are Divided by Politics and Religion